The Best Web Servers For Startups
We’ve worked with most of the popular cloud server companies and have a few favorites we’d like to share with you.
A server for the bootstrapped startup
If you’re starting small and on a budget we would recommend Siteground, this server plan can handle bursts of traffic and have great customer service, and you can't beat the price for what you get.
How to sign up
- Click this link to SiteGround
- Select the GrowBig plan (should be $5.95/mo.)
- You should already have a domain, if not call us so we can talk you through were to buy. Put in your domain in the box for i already have a domain
- When you get down to the purchase info area, and it asks you for the location, pick the location that's closest to you (for instance iowa if you are in the USA - this is where their data centers are located)
- Fill in your personal and billing info.
- Send us any emails they send you for getting started and we'll handle the rest!
A server for the fast-growing startup
If you know you’ll need to scale quickly or need rock solid up-time for a high profile launch, we recommend wpengine. They automate backups, have great customer service, and most importantly, their servers are FAST.
How to sign up
- Click this link to wpEngine
- Scroll down to compare plans and choose the startup plan (comes to $30/mo when you pay for a year up front)
- Skip all the optional features for now - do not choose multisite, if you have mutiple wordpress sites we have a better way to manage them.
- Select the data center closest to you