Core Values of the Most Innovative Brands
We've compiled this list of the core values of some of the most successful companies in the world (and a few successful startups for good measure). Knowing what these companies have become and seeing what they were striving for gives perspective. Hopefully this list will help you define your own brand values.
- Focus on the user and all else will follow.
- It’s best to do one thing really, really well.
- Fast is better than slow.
- Democracy on the web works.
- You don’t need to be at your desk to need an answer.
- You can make money without doing evil.
- There’s always more information out there.
- The need for information crosses all borders.
- You can be serious without a suit.
- Great just isn’t good enough.
- It is our nature to innovate.
- Nike is a company.
- Nike is a brand.
- Simplify and go.
- The consumer decides.
- Be a sponge.
- Evolve immediately.
- Do the right thing.
- Master the fundamentals.
- We are on the offense – always.
- Remember the man. (The late Bill Bowerman, Nike co-founder)
- Leadership: The courage to shape a better future
- Collaboration: Leverage collective genius
- Integrity: Be real
- Accountability: If it is to be, it’s up to me
- Passion: Committed in heart and mind
- Diversity: As inclusive as our brands
- Quality: What we do, we do well
- Delightfully surprising
- Red hot
- Straight up
- Insatiable curiosity
- Giving a heartfelt service
- Creating smart disruption.
- Focus on impact
- Move fast
- Be bold
- Be open
- Build social value
- Grow our business in a way that makes us proud.
- Recognize that passion and personality matter.
- Communicate fearlessly to build trust.
- Defend and respect the user’s voice.
- Reach every person on the planet.
- Innovate through experimentation.
- Seek diverse perspectives.
- Be rigorous. Get it right.
- Ship it.
- Treat customers the way we’d like to be treated.
- Create an environment where employees can think big, have fun, and do good.
- Get out there.
- Green is good.
- Performance: Sport is the foundation for all we do and executional excellence is a core value of our Group.
- Passion: Passion is at the heart of our company. We are continuously moving forward, innovating, and improving.
- Integrity: We are honest, open, ethical, and fair. People trust us to adhere to our word.
- Diversity: We know it takes people with different ideas, strengths, interests, and cultural backgrounds to make our company succeed. We encourage healthy debate and differences of opinion.
- Customer Commitment
- Respect for People
- Good Citizenship
- A Will to Win
- Personal Accountability
- Exceptional quality.
- Ethical factories.
- Radical Transparency.
- Open company, no bullshit
- Build with heart and balance
- Don’t #@!% the customer
- Play, as a team
- Be the change you seek
Barnes & Noble
- Customer Service
Ben & Jerry’s
- Our Economic Mission asks us to manage our Company for sustainable financial growth.
- Our Social Mission compels us to use our Company in innovative ways to make the world a better place.
- Our Product Mission drives us to make fantastic ice cream – for its own sake.
- We believe in people
- We are one team
- Straightforward and open-minded
- Keep it simple
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Constant improvement
The Honest Company
- Create a Culture of Honesty
- Make Beauty
- Service Matters
- Sustain Life
- Be Accessible
- Pay it Forward
- Humbleness and willpower.
- Leadership by example.
- Daring to be different.
- Togetherness and enthusiasm.
- Constant desire for renewal.
- Accept and delegate responsibility.
- Fanatical Support in all we do.
- Results first, substance over flash.
- Committed to Greatness
- Full Disclosure and Transparency
- Passion for our Work
- Treat fellow Rackers like Friends and Family
- Be your own customer
- Empower individuals
- Design is not a luxury
- Good work takes time
- Optimize towards ideals
- Creating a culture of warmth and belonging, where everyone is welcome.
- Acting with courage, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
- Being present, connecting with transparency, dignity and respect.
- Delivering our very best in all we do, holding ourselves accountable for results.
Core Values as of 1981
- One person, one computer.
- We are going for it and we will set aggressive goals.
- We are all on the adventure together.
- We build products we believe in.
- We are here to make a positive difference in society, as well as make a profit.
- Each person is important; each has the opportunity and the obligation to make a difference.
- We are all in it together, win or lose.
- We are enthusiastic!
- We are creative; we set the pace.
- We want everyone to enjoy the adventure we are on together.
- We care about what we do.
- We want to create an environment in which Apple values flourish.
Core Value As of 1997
- Think Different
Marketing is about values. It’s a complicated and noisy world, and we’re not going to get a chance to get people to remember much about us. No company is. So we have to be really clear about what we want them to know about us.
– Steve Jobs